In short, we only collect personal information that is relevant to the services we provide, we keep it secure, and do not share it with anyone unless required under law or where you agree to share it.
Full details are provided below.
You may be able to deal with us without identifying yourself (anonymously or by using a pseudonym) in certain circumstances, such as when you enquire about our services or use our website.
You do not have to provide us with your personal information but if you do not provide us with the personal information that we need, we may not be able to provide our services or assistance to you.
Information we collect
Lifestyle Medicine Institute may collect personal information:
- That you provide for the purpose of registering with Lifestyle Medicine Institute;
- About your use of Lifestyle Medicine Institute websites and services, including when and where you visit and which pages you look at;
- You provide us in the Wellbeing 360 online health assessment platform (which may include sensitive information such as your health information);
- About the device you are using to access Lifestyle Medicine Institute services (such as your hardware model, operating system version
- From cookies stored on your device by your browser;
- That you send to us directly via phone, text, post, email or through any of the Lifestyle Medicine Institute platforms.
In some circumstances, we may also collect personal information from third parties:
- Medical service providers (for example to obtain results of blood tests you have asked us to perform).
Information we don’t collect
Lifestyle Medicine Institute does not collect:
- Information about your use of websites and services other than those provided by Lifestyle Medicine Institute;
- Personal details beyond those required to register and use the Lifestyle Medicine Institute services;
- Bank details – where Lifestyle Medicine Institute offers services that require payment, these are handled by accredited payment service providers;
- Geographic location information derived from IP addresses, GPS, cell towers or wireless access points.
How we may use that information
Lifestyle Medicine Institute may use your personal information to:
- Enable your access to and use of Lifestyle Medicine Institute websites and services;
- Monitor the use of the websites and services;
- Analyse the data you provide in Wellbeing 360 to provide you with a personal summary of your health and recommendations for ways to improve this;
- Reply to questions you raise with us;
- Send you the information that you requested.
We may also use and/or disclose your personal information for other purposes which you consent to or which are required or permitted by law. This may include for a secondary purpose that is related to the purpose for which we collected it, and for which you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose your personal information.
Keeping your private data private
We keep the personal information that you provide to Lifestyle Medicine Institute private.
We do not sell, rent, trade or in any other way share your personal information with any other individual, other companies, health authorities, or government agencies (unless required to by law).
For some services, we may use third-party service providers to help us operate our business or administer activities on our behalf. We may share personal information with these third parties for those limited purposes only.
For some services, we do provide your facilitator with anonymised, aggregate reports to allow them to support their respective groups, but no personally identifiable information is ever shared with them.
We also provide anonymised information to select academic institutions in support of health and wellbeing research. This anonymised data does not contain your name, email address, phone number or staff number, or any other personally identifiable information.
We never provide your contact details (or any other personal information) to other companies for purposes of marketing or other services.
Where is your personal information stored?
Lifestyle Medicine Institute services are delivered out of Australia, and your personal information is held in a secure data centre in Australia.
Your personal information will not be transferred overseas unless they have been anonymised first and only then for purposes of academic research.
If you use Lifestyle Medicine Institute services delivered out of Australia, and your base of employment/domicile is in another country, please note that your personal information will be stored in Australia.
Keeping your data secure
Lifestyle Medicine Institute takes reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure through:
- Encrypting services using an SSL-secured communication channel, to prevent your personal information from being intercepted between our servers and your PC/tablet/smartphone;
- Encrypting data held on our servers, which reside in secure data centres;
- Never sharing your personal information with anyone;
- Regularly reviewing the security of our systems and operational processes;
- Regularly being audited by a specialist security consultancy to protect against unauthorized access to our systems;
- Restricting access to personal information to specific Lifestyle Medicine Institute employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations; and
- Taking reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify your personal information when we no longer require it (unless we are required by legislation to retain a copy).
Accessing and updating your personal information
Where possible, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information and give you ways to update/correct the personal information we hold about you, without our help.
If you need our help to access the personal information we hold about you or request correction of it, please contact the Lifestyle Medicine Institute Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org We will ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We will acknowledge your request within 10 working days and will endeavour to action your request within 21 working days unless prohibited by legislation, in which case we will inform you at the time of your request.
Deleting your personal information
If you request that your personal information be deleted, we will remove all personally identifiable attributes (name, email address, contact details) from your records, unless we need to retain that information for legitimate business or legal purposes.
How you can make a privacy complaint
If you wish to make a complaint, please contact the Lifestyle Medicine Institute Privacy Officer at email@example.com We will acknowledge your complaint with 10 working days and will contact you in an attempt to resolve your complaint.
We work with the regulatory authorities in Australia to resolve any complaints regarding the storage and use of personal information that we cannot resolve with our users directly, if you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at firstname.lastname@example.org, or using the online complaint form, or by calling 1300 363 992.
We encourage Users to frequently check this page for any changes to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect.